Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Why Do I Bother

mapping out my runs before hand? I always manage to get lost anyway. Last night I was scheduled to do 3 miles, ended up off course and somehow managed to cross a major road...didn't realize it until I was on my way back and on the other side of Newbridge Rd. Hmmmm. When I got home and attempted to figure out where and how I ended up wherever I was, I was unable to figure it out...while looking at a map of course. Bad news: I added an extra half mile (at least) to my run. Good news: I still ran the whole thing. Better news: I finished 3.5 miles in 35 min...exactly a 10 minute mile pace.

So my car is broken and I have no idea what is wrong with it. Dad dropped me off at the train station this morning and I took the 6:52 train, got into Penn at 7:30, and was at the gym at like 7:45. Normally when I go to the gym before work I take the 6:18 train, but beings that I now have to adapt to my parents schedule, I took the later train. I had just enough time to get my scheduled 3 mile run in before work. Unfortunately, it was pouring out, and I really didn't feel like getting lost in the rain or slipping on the sidewalk, so I just ran on the treadmill.

You ever notice that the sidewalks in front of buildings is really slippery because they need to be stone or something, and not concrete? I slip on them all the time...especially when it's wet.

I'm not a fan of treadmill running for a couple of reasons. Actually, I should rephrase that- I'm not a fan of running, especially on the treadmill. I love to people watch. Being on the treadmill really limits my ability to do so. Nobody wants to be running next to the weird girl who keeps looking all over the place. I also don't like that you have to set the machine for the amount of time you want to run, I'd rather just put in that I want to do 3 miles and thats that. And then you have to worry about how fast you want to go. I don't know...I want to go as fast as I can to get the stupid run over with. Let me sprint this last half mile so I can be done already...no not on the treadmill. I mean, yeah I could adjust the speed, but then I'd have to adjust the amount of time I'm scheduled to run for, then I'd actually have to sprint, and lets face it- it's too much work, I'll just stick this last little bit out. But I do have to admit I enjoy the fan blowing in my face and this morning I watched a Yankee- Angels game from 2004 on YES, when the Yanks came back and won it in extra innings. What better way to wake up than seeing my boys come through with a nice win. Okay maybe treadmill running isn't that bad...I mean at least I didn't get lost. But I did almost fall off the side of it...good thing the hand rail was there...

No comments: