Monday, August 20, 2007

What A Weekend...

So Saturday morning we had our TEAM 4 mile run at Cedar Creek Park. Might not sound like too much, especially when compared to the 26.2 we are gonna be doing in January and ya know what, it actually wasn't that bad. And that includes the 2 miles of hill repeats we had to do. I mean, lets be honest, who doesn't want to get up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday to run miles of hills. After the run, we had an injury prevention clinic at the Tacapusha museam in Seaford. I've passed it like a million times, but have never been there before. Beings that I was one of the first people finished running (Crazy right?!) I was also one of the first people there. Matt and I completed a complete tour of the museam...all 10 minutes of it and even managed to solve the bonus questions on the 2nd graders scavenger hunt. It was pretty educational.

Of course I didn't get back from the run and clinic until 11 and I was getting picked up at 12 to go to the mall to find shoes and accessories for Saturday night. I figured I would try some dresses on, but if not I would just wear a simple black one. Well of course I can't stick to my plan and ended up buying a new dress. But, for the record, I am obsessed with it and will be wearing it every chance I get. Anyways, all of Saturday was a big rush but ended up being well worth it. We managed to book a hotel last minute, which in the Hamptons is pretty much impossible...especially for one night, but we did it! Needless to say, we had a great time.

Sunday was a rest day...thank god...because I was exhusted from Saturday night.

Today is 3 miles and you would think I would have learned my lesson last Monday about procrastinating running until after work, but nope...thats the plan. Anybody feel like running in the rain with me? please...

No comments: