Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wouldof made a good post...

I ran 20 miles this Saturday. I should have made it 21, just for shits and giggles because then I could make a real fun post comparing my feelings towards my 21 mile run and 21st Birthdays. Like I could talk all about how nervous and excited I was coming up to the big day. I mean 21 miles? Me? I don't think so... No more need for a fake ID? Now that's just crazy talk! Would I be able to make it 21 miles!! Would I be able to take 21 shots!! Then after I talked about my preparation, I could talk about the actual experience. How I've been training for months, running everyday, and slowing building my endurance up. How I trained for years, chalking ids, sneaking into bars, passing out under picnic tables, and slowing building my tolerance up all the while. Oh man, we could take a look back to the beginning, when I honest to god was dying after a 3 mile run. How we used to sneak Zima's into the back of TK's mom's mini van and be drunk off of them. After all that, I'd go into how much I built up this event. That somehow this was the run that was going to determine if I could run a marathon. This was the night I was going to prove (i dunno what) to my peers. Then I would finish by saying how happy I was that I was done with it. That I could finally get rid of my fake ID. I guess I'm a runner...and a legal one at that. Yeah, that would have made for a great post. Sweet Life...

No comments: