Monday, October 15, 2007

Half Way There...

Wow. This Saturday when everybody else was probably still sleeping, I was out running...13 miles! Yeah, I'll say it again..and again..and again. I ran 13 miles on Saturday!!! If you told me twelve weeks ago that I would be able to run 13 miles I would have laughed in your face. Thats a f'n half marathon...and I DID IT!

Last week was kinda a big week for me. It marked my half way point in training, my training mileage is up to just over 150 miles, and I am at the half way point in my fundraising! WOW! As excited as all this is, I am only half way...and the second half is going to be harder. It's weird because I still don't think of myself as a runner. Honestly, I probably never will either, but that's okay.

This week our Team is having a competition to see who can raise the most money online. So, if you haven't donated yet...this is the week to do it. Just click on the link to the right and donate. Remember, I'm doing this to raise money for blood cancer patients, their families and research. And come on...you know you've said that you would pay money to see me run before!

Okay, so it might not have to do with training but I do have some other big news! I got a new job today! I'll still be at the same company so that's good, but I am moving to a different division and a different title. My boss told me that its a lot different then what I do now because I'll actually have to do work. weird. Haha I literally sit in my cube and watch tv all day, have a two hour lunch (which I try to run during) and obviiii write in my blog. So, lets hope that this new job isn't too much! Sweet life.

No comments: